Homespun Happiness

by - 11:37 PM


Leslie Gerdes, 31, married Lloyd Sommers, 34, on the bride's family farm in Walnut, Illinois, in the US June 2012. She says:
"My favourite memories are of life on our farm and I wanted to share them with my city friends. It was also a chance to have a giant family reunion - more than 100 relations attended!
We went for a mismatched look, with a country-chic theme.
My cousin made the animal-shaped table numbers, place names and the signpost, while my mum collected antique tablecloths and china for the tables.
We put out old rocking chairs for people to relax on and scattered hay bales around for extra seating.
Instead of a cake, we had locally made fruit pies and cupcakes.
Our palette included blues, greens and yellows, with pops of pinks and purples. I chose a simple dress to fit the rustic setting - I loved the pockets as I could keep lots of tissues in them!"

Photography by Our Labor of Love; www.ourlaboroflove.com   

You May Also Like

0 comments