A Pretty Al Fresco Love In

by - 11:40 PM


Blaire McColl, 30, married James Donald, 31, at St Brelade's Church, Jersey, in the Channel Islands, followed by a reception at her parents' house on 4th July 2015. She says:
St Brelade's Bay is a special place for us - it's our favourite beach and we spend a lot of time there. We married in its lovely 12th-century church made of stones (and even a few shells) taken from the beach.
Luckily for me, there was no excuse not to have a bespoke dress for my wedding - I'm the international brand director at Jenny Packham. One day at a breakfast meeting, Jenny handed me a folder with a sketch of the wedding dress she thought might suit me, and it wasperfect.
James and I were overwhelmed by how much everyone helped - my mum was our wedding planner; my dad and brother transformed the garden, and my nana collected bud vases and candlesticks from local charity shops for our decor.
Our dream of an al fresco wedding came true - it was the hottest weekend of the year, so we were able to have all the sides of the marquee up for everyone to enjoy the views of the garden.
For the day after the wedding, James's parents organised a barbecue on the beach - it was the ideal way to end the weekend. We had grilled seafood, leftover wedding cake and Jersey ice cream, washed down with rosé and bloody Marys.

My top tip: Take your time when you walk down the aisle. It's such a special moment and only happens once.

You May Also Like

0 comments